If you want to upgrade your bathroom, one of the best things you can do is contact a contractor who can install granite vanities for you. This will allow you to upgrade your bathroom in a way that adds to your property value and improves the aesthetics of your room. People buy homes in a lot of cases because of the quality of kitchens and bathrooms, so you are increasing your resale value exponentially by doing this. A granite vanity is a type of countertop that allows you to handle daily preparations over a mirror, while storing plenty of bathroom items underneath the sink. Consider the following guide, so that you are able to further understand these granite countertops and how to make the most of them.
What are some of the benefits to granite countertops?
You have a lot to gain by having granite countertops installed. Consider some of the following benefits that you can enjoy when you have these countertops installed in your home:
- It's a beautiful stone that has been used since Ancient Egyptian civilization
- It is a very sanitary stone and will not foster the growth of bacteria in your bathroom or kitchen
- It can be cut into a variety of shapes and sizes
- It is incredibly durable and able to last for many years
- It can be installed without under mount sinks
How can I take care of my countertops?
There are many tips that you can keep in mind in order to make the most out of your granite countertops. By providing the best maintenance, you will be able to retain the value of your countertops and property as a whole. Consider some of these ideas to keep your them in great condition:
- Make sure that you get the granite sealed by a professional. Sealing your countertop allows you to prevent debris from breaking it down
- Use hot soap and water, as opposed to chemicals, when cleaning your countertop
- Get rid of stains or spills as soon as you can, as opposed to allowing them to set in
How much do these countertops cost?
As with any home installation, it is important to make sure that you factor in the cost. On a typical basis, you can expect to pay between $50 and $100 per square foot in order to have granite vanity countertops installed. You'll need to seek estimates from a number of contractors who can look out for you in this regard so that you can choose the best price and company for you.
Talk with a construction and contracting company, like A. Padilla Marble, Inc., to see how granite vanities and countertops would best fit into your home.